Friday, August 31, 2007

City Scenes

One of my favourite tracks at the moment is City Lights by The Vietnam War. That got me thinking about another fantastic song, City Scenes by The Features . And before I knew it a theme show was born.

This week Counting the Beat will feature New Zealand songs that either have City in the title or are by bands with City in their name. It's a silly idea I know, but someone had to do it.

To whet your appetite I've gathered together a few videos including Vietnam War performing City Lights live. Just scroll over the pictures to see which videos are featured.




Also included in the show are The Nudie Suits, Loves Ugly Children, Lucid 3, The Sneaks and more.

By the way, the bass player in The Features was Chris Orange, now a Waiheke resident. Check out a live radio performance on The Beach from Chris recorded earlier this year.

UPDATE: You can download this episode along with other Counting The Beat shows at BigPod.

No comments: